The mission of the Success-Failure Project is to create opportunities for discussion, reflection, understanding, and creative engagement regarding issues of success and failure.
The Project encourages students and others in the University community to grapple with questions like:
- Who defines what constitutes success and failure in my life?
- What makes me feel fulfilled and what do I define as a success?
- What am I working for? Who am I working for?
- Where do my beliefs about success and failure come from?
- What does it mean to be responsible for, to learn from, or just to suffer, both my successes and my failures?
- What factors and feelings play a role in success and failure? What about ambition, creativity, perfectionism, luck, joy, obligation, competition, integrity, fear, talent, and collaboration?
- What does it mean to be a good, successful, even excellent student and human being?